Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Very excited!


I am very, very excited. My first official blog - and if it wasn’t for Donal next door I’d still be trying to figure out how to set up an account.
Donal is only fifteen, which makes his encyclopedic knowledge of this blogging world even more boggling (blogging/boggling - hmmmmm.)

I am a (fictional) aspiring award-winning writer. So far I have won no awards. It's just something I aspire to do.
I split up with my fictional husband six weeks ago (I will not be writing about him) and recently moved to my aunt’s house in a small town on the west coast of Ireland. My aunt is 'no longer with us' (as my mother would say). She was very fond of me, which is why she left me her house. Tomorrow I start a brand new job, the first time I’ll have worked full-time in over six years. There are reasons why I have not worked full-time in the past six years, but I don't want to go into them right now.

I’ll be writing about lots of things in this blog including my ongoing struggle as an aspiring writer, my vegetable garden, (I inherited if as part of my aunt’s property and have just cleared a bed to plant some crimson flowered broad-bean seeds), my new job, my ongoing struggle as a writer (did I mention that?) and possibly the oddly attractive garda I met on the way down to the beach yesterday.
I’ve also noticed an eccentric red-haired lady behaving strangely around the town. But more of that anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment